TAXES AND EXCISE DUTY COSTS
Entrants are fully responsible for ALL shipping costs including taxes, excise duty, custom charges and storage. The International Spirits Challenge (ISC) will not be responsible for any of these charges. The purchase of UK Excise Duty is different to Customs Duty charges and these must be paid for by the entrant before they are received by the ISC or they will be rejected from the challenge.
It is an offence to avoid the payment of UK excise duty on alcoholic spirit samples arriving into the UK. Further guidance may be obtained from the HMR&C National Advice Service – telephone +44(0) 8450 109000 and www.gov.uk
Please send TWO bottles for all distilled spirits per entry
Please send SIX products per entry for those in pre-mixed drinks format
Design & Packaging:
Please send ONE bottle per product entered. If entering a product range please send ONE bottle for each product in the range.
PACKING YOUR SAMPLES
Please complete steps 1-8 outlined below
- Include your Transaction ID (found on your invoice and confirmation email, starting ISC22) and Company Name on the outside of the package. Failure to include this information will result in your samples not being accepted at the ISC warehouse.
- Please ensure your courier includes your Transaction ID on their shipping label and paperwork.
- Send your samples Delivered Duty Paid (DDP). Instruction to complete the import declaration should be given to your chosen shipping agent or courier company such as Fedex, DHL, UPS and TNT.
- You must package your samples marked "Shipper accepts charges" on the documentation provided by your shipping agent or courier company, as all charges are your responsibility as the entrant to pay. Keep a copy of the documents as proof that UK Duties have been paid.
- Print out the entry nomination PDF included on your confirmation email and include it with your samples.
- All bottles being sent from outside the UK must be accompanied by a commercial invoice for the purpose of paying UK VAT. A sample commercial invoice may be found here Commercial Invoice Sample and must be included with your shipment. When using the sample commercial invoice, please complete all sections highlighted in red.
- DO NOT use standard postal systems. They regularly get held up at customs, and we are unable to clear or collect.
- For any bottle samples where the brand name is not written in English, please accompany each bottle with a label in English stating the brand name and the ABV.
- Ensure bottles are safely packaged to avoid breakages.
- The ISC take no responsibility for spirits bottles damaged, broken or lost in transit. We advise taking out insurance where applicable.
- Please note bottles will not be returned.
- No spirits deliveries will be accepted at the Agile Media offices in Burgess Hill, West Sussex, United Kingdom.
- Please adhere to the shipping delivery deadlines outlined below. Late arrivals will not be accepted and neither credits nor refunds will be issued if samples fail to arrive on time.
Please ensure your samples arrive by the deadline set out below
20th January 2022: Vodka, Rum & Cane Spirits, Cachaça, Tequila, Mezcal, Other Agave Spirits
17th February 2022: Gin & Genever, Brandy, Cognac, Armagnac, Calvados, Pisco, Grappa, Eaux de Vie & Fruit Brandies, Aquavit, World Speciality Spirits, Low or No Alcohol Distilled Spirits
17th March 2022: Scotch Whisky, World Whisky, American Whiskey, Irish Whiskey, Japanese Whisky
14th April 2022: Baijiu, Soju, Shochu, Pre-Mixed Drinks, Liqueurs & Specialities
28th April 2022: Design & Packaging