Last updated: 25th May 2018
Agile Media Limited is the Data Controller for customer interactions involving our products and services. This Privacy Notice explains our business and how we collect, share and use your personal information, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. It takes into account best practice, the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
2. What do we do?
Agile Media Limited is a provider of business information through magazines and digital media and we also organise a range of events and awards, mostly in the United Kingdom but also world-wide. Our services are targeted at business and aim to provide customers with practical advice and guidance in the markets we cover. We also help business find their markets and make connections.
For more information about range of services see our Shop at: https://agilemedia.escosubs.co.uk/
3. What contact information does Agile Media Ltd collect and why?
Why do we collect your information?
We collect information which is necessary to:
- provide the Services to you;
- notify you of your Service order status;
- carry out internal administration and analysis;
- enhance your visit to our web site by:
- tailoring your experience to your preferred choice of activities; and
- informing you of changes in our web site.
Subscriptions run on an annual basis and are renewed after 12 months.
It is assumed that an order for a subscription will include acceptance that renewal invitations will be welcomed by the person placing the order. The vast majority of our customers renew their subscriptions, but this is also common practice for subscriptions and similar ongoing relationships.
What information do we collect?
A) Through our off-line ordering as well as digital platforms we may ask you to provide personal information in order to enable us to fulfil orders and other customer requests:
- registering an account with us;
- subscribing to our marketing communications;
- ordering a paid subscription;
- registering for a controlled circulation magazine;
- attending at events;
- entering awards, and
- submitting enquiries to us.
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide the information.
B) When you visit our websites, we may collect certain information automatically from your device through Google or other analytics. This could include:
- your IP address
- device type (desktop, mobile or tablet)
- unique device identification numbers
- broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and
- other technical information.
C) Behavioural Data: We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with the websites, including the pages accessed and links clicked. Collecting this information enables us better to understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
D) Cookies: Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology. See the Cookies Policy section for further details.
E) Information obtained from third party source
We may receive personal information about you from third party sources, which could include credit or debit card details. We use this information to collect payment for subscriptions and attendance at events. We do not store any of this information and it is not retained by our suppliers any longer than required to process payment.
These third parties will either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
Where necessary they will be PCI Compliant (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard).
4. With whom does Agile Media share customer contact information?
- We do not rent or sell customer data to anyone.
- We may disclose your personal information to business partners who provide Customer Services or data processing services, website content hosting and so on.
- We do not make your data available to any Third Parties other than those supporting our products and service delivery.
- We would also make the data available to anyone else from your organisation who is legitimately entitled to it: a colleague or purchasing department for example.
5. Legal basis for processing personal information
- We will only send you direct marketing communications in circumstances where we believe we can demonstrate a legitimate interest or where we have your specific consent.
- When you sign up to any of our services, we ask for your consent to send you direct marketing communication over a variety of channels. We will honour your right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- When you enquire about or request a service from us, we may rely on our legitimate business interests to send you marketing communications (via post, email or telephone). These communications will always be related to our services and we believe will be of interest to you. We will always provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of this when you provide your information to us.
- If you want to stop receiving direct marketing from us, you can use the unsubscribe mechanism on any email you receive, tell us when we call you or alternatively you can contact the Data Manager using the details available below.
- Data Profiling: Periodically we conduct data profiling on the information we collect to better understand our customers in order to provide targeted communications which suit your needs. If you wish to stop your information being used for data profiling, please contact the Data Manager.
- Cookies for Website Performance
Your consent for the use of these cookies is not required, although if you wish to limit the use of these cookies you can do so by adjusting cookie settings in your web browser. Please be aware that your ability to use this site may be impaired.
- Cookies for Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics to monitor visitor activity. Data collected is anonymous and helps us to optimize this website and our service offerings.
To opt-out of Google Analytics cookies, please use the browser add-on available here .
7. Data storage and security
- How does Agile Media keep your personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. Specific measures we use include encrypting your personal information and using secure File Transfer Protocols when, for instance, transferring data to mailing houses for distribution purposes.
- How long do we hold your data?
We retain your information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so for example, to provide you with a service you have purchased or requested, or to comply with legal, or accounting requirements.
For Controlled Circulation we will retain data related to all live subscriptions and for the purposes of auditing, normally up to three years’ worth. This is best practice and also the norm for ABC Audited publications.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or securely store it until deletion is possible.
8. Your data protection rights
- You can access the personal information you have provided us by making a Subject Access Request to the Data Manager using the details below.
- Deleting Your Information: A request to have the personal information you have provided us removed from our systems can be made to the Data Manager. Your information will be removed from our systems except in circumstances where we are required to retain this information for compliance with legal obligation or for future suppression purposes, where the minimal amount necessary will be retained in order to honour an individual’s right.
- Updating Your Information: You can review the personal information you have provided us and make any desired changes or rectifications at any time either online or by contacting the Data Manager using the details available in the Privacy Summary.
- Withdrawing consent: if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
9. Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice over time and will inform you, consistent with the requirements of any changed regulation.
10. How to contact us
The Data Controller of personal information collected about you through this Website and elsewhere is Agile Media Ltd, Registered in England No. 6646125.
You can write to us at the address above (marked for the attention of the Data Manager) or e-mail us at: email@example.com